"To us all towns
are one, all men our kin.
|Home||Whats New||Trans State Nation||One World||Unfolding Consciousness||Comments||Search|
Home > Struggle for Tamil Eelam > Democracy Sri Lanka Style > Sri Lanka's Laws > Indemnity (Amendment) Act, 1988
An Act to amend the Indemnity Act, No. 20 of 1982
Be it enacted by the Parliament of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka as follows:
1. This Act may be cited as Indemnity (Amendment} Act, No. 60 of 1988.
2. The long title to the Indemnity Act, No. 20 of 1982 (hereinafter referred to as the 'principal enactment") is hereby amended by the substitution for the words and figures "to 31 August 1977," of the words "to the relevant date."
3. Section 2 of the principal enactment is hereby amended by the substitution for the words and figures "to 31 August 1977" in that section, of the words "to the relevant date."
4. The following new section is hereby added immediately after section 2 of the principal enactment, and shall have effect as section 3 of that enactment Interpretation
3. For the purposes of this Act "relevant date" means the day preceding the date on which the provisions of this section comes into force.