500 gm boneless pieces of chicken
2 green chillies
6 cloves garlic
thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
1 tbsp oil
2 medium-sized onions, sliced 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 cup water
11/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
2-3 tbsp curry powder
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp mixed aromatic spices (fennel seeds, cardamom pods,
cinnamon, cloves) roasted and ground together
11/2 tbsp lime/lemon juice
1. Pound together green chillies, garlic and ginger.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Gently fry half the sliced onions, pounded
mixture and fenugreek seeds. Add curry leaves.
3. Add chicken pieces.
4. Add water and salt. Cover and cook over medium flame.
5. Add curry powder. Mix well together and continue to cook,
6. Add remaining onions and coconut milk, stirring constantly to
7. When well cooked, remove from stove and add mixed aromatic
spices. Sprinkle lime/lemon juice.